Twin Territories Land Company
Integrity. Reliability. Hard Work.
Twin Territories Land Company is a full-service oil and gas consulting firm dedicated to providing our clients with comprehensive land services. Our experience, expertise and commitment to excellence enable us to adapt to our clients’ needs, providing efficient and cost-effective land services of the highest quality. Established by third-generation Landmen, Twin Territories Land Company was founded on the principles of integrity, reliability, and hard work.
With experienced land professionals at its foundation, Twin Territories Land Company is capable of executing projects of any size and scope.
Detailed Surface, Mineral & Leasehold Ownership Reports
- Privately Owned, State, Federal & Restricted Lands
- Producing & Non-Producing Lands
Detailed Leasehold, Wellbore & Unit Summaries
- Summary of Applicable Regulatory Filings
- Statement of Applicable Well Records
- Title Opinion Analysis & Curative
- Spacing Abstracts
- Digital Imaging & Abstracting
- GIS Mapping
- Detailed Surface, Mineral & Leasehold Ownership Reports
Oil & Gas Lease Negotiation & Acquisition
- Privately Owned Lands
- Bureau of Land Management
- Bureau of Indian Affairs & Restricted Lands
- State Agencies
Easement Negotiation & Acquisition
- Surface, Subsurface & Right-of-Way
- Seismic Permit Negotiation & Acquisition
- Well Site Damage Negotiation
- Oil & Gas Lease Analysis & Administration
- Oil & Gas Lease Negotiation & Acquisition
State Regulatory Filings
- Increased Density
- Location Exception
- Horizontal Multi-Unit
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Federal Regulatory Filings
- State & Federal Permitting
- State & Federal Compliance
- State Regulatory Filings
- Asset Value Ranking
- Audit of Internal Files
- Detailed Data Exchange Logs
- Review of County, State & Federal Records to Verify Assets
- Review of Applicable District, State & Federal Court Records
- Analysis of Existing & Proposed Agreements
- Examination of Regulatory Bonds, Permits & Licenses
- Audit of Asset Schedule
- Encumbrance, Litigation & Claims Schedules
- Title Discrepancy Reports with Curative Recommendations
Twin Territories Land Company is staffed with experienced, knowledgeable, hard-working land professionals, all of which are members of the American Association of Professional Landmen, with expertise primarily in Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, New Mexico and Colorado.
Doug Smith, MBA, CPL
Doug Smith, Co-Founder of Twin Territories Land Company, holds an MBA in Finance from Oklahoma Christian University and is a Certified Professional Landman accredited through the American Association of Professional Landmen. With 20 years of experience as a Landman, Doug’s areas of expertise include the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas leases covering private, state, federal and restricted lands, working interests and mineral interests, negotiation of well-site damages and acquisition of right-of-way agreements. In addition to overseeing all phases of our negotiations, acquisitions and divestitures, Doug directs the preparation of all regulatory filings and provides expert testimony on behalf of our clients at the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.
Matthew Smith, Co-Founder of Twin Territories Land Company, has 20 years of landwork experience primarily focused in all areas of title examination, beginning his career as a Landman while attending the University of Oklahoma where he earned his Bachelor of Science. During the course of his career, Matthew has advised some of the nation’s largest independent oil and gas companies throughout the due diligence phase of a multitude of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures ranging in complexity and value up to multi-billion dollar transactions. Using his expertise in title examination and due diligence, Matthew oversees all aspects of our effort to determine detailed surface, mineral and leasehold ownership on both producing and non-producing assets.